Saturday, November 26, 2005

Our Thanksgiving

Another Thanksgiving and another year's Turkey Trot is now in the past.  We started the day early in the morning getting ready for the Turkey Trot.  I was going to attempt to compete in the 6 mile race this year, the kids were signed up for the Diestelhorst Dash.  Aaron had to work yet another Thanksgiving, but he was able to join us for the kid's portion of the race.  Jacob was all pumped up and had a great time competing, Ella not so much...Daddy had to carry her across the finish line.  For my race, my finish time was 1 hour and 15 minutes!!  Not bad I think for a first time.  My goal was under an hour and a half, so I was pretty happy.  Next year I might strive for under an hour, we shall see!  It was a lot of fun and everyone was so supportive. 


Our great friend Richelle came up from Sacramento to spend Thanksgiving with us too and she was such a welcome addition to our family.  We pigged out royally for the day, visited Aaron at the fire station, and came home and fell asleep to movies...way too early! 


Click for Thanksgiving Pictures


I hope everyone had a wonderful day and makes it through this crazy shopping weekend!


No comments: