Saturday, November 17, 2007

Grandma's Buttons

I have a bit of a thing for buttons.  I have collected them for as long as I can remember.  If a clothing item comes with a spare or a button falls off something, I absolutely CANNOT throw it away.  It immediately goes into my huge button jar.  When Aaron's grandmother passed away this past summer I inherited her big box of buttons.  Seems she too was a button collector!  She took it a couple steps further however, hers were sorted by color and she would even cut the buttons off of clothing before tossing old clothes.  How genius! 


Recently I saw an idea to make a button tree as a Christmas decoration.  The majority of the buttons used were Great Lee's, but in my collection I also have buttons of my Nana and Aaron's Grandma Erickson.  I thought it was the perfect item to make with Grandma's buttons.  We will think of them always.
Img_2690

4 comments:

Stephanie McClung said...

Lisa, that turned out BEAUTIFUL! It's even prettier when you add the sentimental value!

grandma M said...

What a lovely thing to do, and a great "family love" lesson for your children.

Jeanne Milcheck said...

Beautiful!

Angela said...

Oh Lisa, that's beautiful! What a great, great, idea! I save all my buttons, too, but mine are stuffed into a bag...now you've inspired me to organize them...duh...never thought of that! ;.)