Saturday, January 10, 2009

Afternoon on the slopes

P1103700
We had another beautiful day up on Mt. Shasta today.  We took only Jacob this time--to work on his skills and take him up the chair lift for the first time.  He did incredibly well!  I think Aaron was jealous because Jacob is already skiing better than he ever did. 

It was such a proud moment watching him and a moment I thought would never come, seeing him up on the mountain skiing with us....so exciting!   

I did have a slight incident and have a mild concussion at the moment.  I don't really know what happened.  Last I remember is skiing down a pretty wide, fairly flat run and then next 'WHAP!" my head slams into the ground.  I'm OK now with an all over headache but it was scary at the time.  Jacob is smart, he has a helmet.  I think I need to invest in one for myself now. 

P1103680
P1103684
P1103687
P1103703

I don't think we'll go back up until they get another storm.  The snow wasn't too bad but there wasn't a whole lot of it.  And as for taking Ella up the lift...just not sure she's ready we're ready for that yet!  She has a need for speed and her idea of skiing is who is going to catch her.  I think a few more times on the bunny slopes for that girl!

P1103721

1 comment:

Aaron Lee said...

So much fun!! I can't believe he picked it up so quickly. I'm so proud of him. And yes, a little jealous. I look forward to a lot of fun ski trips with the whole family.