Monday, March 01, 2010

Healthy Living-Phase 2

At the beginning of the year I committed to a new me and a new way of living...the main component of that plan was to become a runner.  I started strong, I was feeling good and it was becoming a habit and a need.  I have had a few set backs in the last month, I'm still running-though at a slower pace and intensity.  Without going into a million excuses (OK just a couple); I had sickness and a vacation that slowed my progress down.  I still ran, did my exercise, yoga, etc..but not with the consistency as I started earlier in the year.

Photo 

2 different birthday cakes. Yes, I ate all of this today at lunch-after the leftover Mongolian BBQ. If it's here, I eat it.  Period.


It's time to commit to Phase 2 of my Healthy Living 2010 plan (the name is constantly evolving)...a new way of eating needs to be introduced.  The problem with exercising but still eating without clear boundaries is that I tend to start looking like a Jersey Shore Guido--bulked up.  Time to slim it down!  Screen shot 2010-03-01 at 9.50.31 PM

I have had luck in the past following Jillian Michael Making the Cut plan so I am going to start with that.  The items she recommends eating are all things I should be eating anyhow.  I feel healthy on her plan and NEED that way of eating to become a way of life.  Portion control, lots of vegs, fiber balanced meals--not rocket science.  I will start with a couple breakfast choices, lunch choices and dinner choices each that I will rotate through the week.  Once I get bored, I'll switch it up.  Trying to keep it simple.  KISS (Keep-It-Simple-Stupid) works for me!

1 comment:

kim said...

Sounds like a good plan to me!