Friday, December 08, 2006

Ella adopts an elf!!

Img_5294
The other day Ella (with my help) wrote a letter to Santa asking if she could have an elf come live with us between now and Christmas.  We mailed the letter and this morning when we woke up there was an elf name Rose in our house!  The letter from Santa that came with her elf said that she is here to watch over Ella and to make sure that she continues to stay a good girl between now and Christmas.  Img_5297
She is to put Rose to bed every night after feeding her crackers and water and sprinkling magic snow from the North Pole on her.  The magic snow  also came with her in a little tin.  The letter also says something about Rose possibly getting into mischief some nights as well....Uh oh, wonder what that meansImg_5298


Jacob had the opportunity to write Santa as well but he got very upset by the prospect of an elf coming to live with us.  I believe that he thought Will Ferrell from the movie Elf was going to show up...think I'd be upset by that thought as well!  When he saw Ella's elf this morning his first words were, "Santa was here!"  He was extremely excited by that thought and wanted to immediately write Santa a letter asking for his own elf.  When I asked him what he wanted to write to Santa he said to tell him that, "I will take very good care of my elf."  So sweet.  So we shall see if Jacob one day receives an elf as well! 

1 comment:

Angela said...

Love this, so sweet and clever. Thinking I will definitely do next year, if I can't squeeze it in this! :>)