Monday, January 08, 2007

What's happening lately

I wanted to post a collage I made of a photo shoot I did last week.  These are some of our bestest friends and they had their oldest son visiting and wanted to get some family shots done.  We had a lot of fun with this and met at one of my favorite spots to take pictures.  The bricks make an incredible backdrop and the lighting is usually perfect no matter the time of day. 
Collage_1


A monumental occasion happened yesterday...I got new skis!  OK, maybe not that exciting but for someone who has had the email "lisaski" for 15+ years I have a reputation to uphold!  LOL!  My last pair I have had since I was about 17 or 18 years old and I FINALLY got rid of them on Saturday at a yard sale....fact I had to give them away.  My skis were neon orange and neon yellow, boots were white and purple and poles were aqua blue.  Yeah, I was quite the 90's sight!  So in anticipation of a few upcoming ski trips, we decided to bite the bullet and get me all new gear.  No sense getting rentals everytime, not only does it cost us money, but we waste time when we could be skiing!  I found these beauties at the first store we went to....black with pink-perfect!  So onto picking out the boots...none in my size.  Great.129227709_d_1  You'd think the second week in January would be a great time to find stuff...nope, they're clearing everything out everywhere.  So finally at another shop we find some that fit me, they're comfortable, they have great features, they have Recco installed (it's a tiny electronic transponder that will help me be found in an avalanche.  Percect for me and my kind of skiing.  Ha!), price was right....but the drawback....they're black (good) AND have touches of neon yellow and neon orange (bad...aww the 90's are back again).  Oh well...as Aaron says, maybe I can get out my acrylic paints and touch them up a bit!    


So that leads me into where I'll be the next four days.  We're taking a family trip to Lake Tahoe and planning on getting in some skiing.  I won't have a computer so there won't be any updates until we're back.


One last thing I thought would be fun to post.  A few years back my brother worked as a Production Assistant for the TV show, Power Rangers.  After a couple of years working for them, they moved the show to New Zealand and he had to find another job.  While finishing up production, he wrote and directed (and even acted a little) in a mini-movie entitled "Diary of a PA."  Recently he and I were trying to figure out how to get the DVD he made onto You Tube, the disk was protected or something and I couldn't figure it out.  A couple days ago he stumbled across the whole thing already up on You Tube!  No idea who put it up.  It's only been up for 2 weeks and already has a ton of views.  So crazy how this whole computer thing has revolutionized everything and made this world seem so much smaller.  So if you have time to kill, type Diary of a PA into the search field at You Tube and check out a movie he made.  It's been split into 4 parts.


Have a great week!
 

 

No comments: