Sunday, February 18, 2007

Our home away from home

Aaron and I just got back from a few days in Bend, Oregon....it is our home away from home!  We went up there with a co-worker of his, Rob, and his wife, Angie.  We had a great time and in addition to getting a day in skiing we checked out some local shops and tried some new restaurants.  The weather was horrible up on the mountain but I think a bad day skiing on Mt. Bachelor is better then a great day on Mt. Shasta, so Aaron and I still had a blast!
Dscn1936
Here we are about to head out onto the mountain
Dscn1937

Me and a very graceful fall
Dscn1938
After I finally dug myself out!
Dscn1940
Dscn1939

Back at the lodge after only a couple runs~time for refreshments!


Dscn1941


Rain~not quite what you want to see on a skiing day.


Dscn1942


All bundled up~it was raining lower on the mountain but higher up we had to deal with stinging ice balls...notice me with no goggles?  Yeah real smart!


Dscn1943


Rob and Angie on the lift


Dscn1946Dscn1947


Back at the lodge again....we were all soaked! 


Dscn1948Dscn1949


Back in Bend...such a beautiful town.


A little video....






4 comments:

Stephanie McClung said...

I cannot believe Aaron videotaped while he was skiing! So talented!! It didn't look like there were too many people up there on the mountain with you! It looks like you guys had a great time though - I'm so glad!

Stephanie McClung said...

Okay, I have no idea why that posted twice! Sorry! :)

Stephanie McClung said...

I cannot believe Aaron videotaped while he was skiing! So talented!! It didn't look like there were too many people up there on the mountain with you! It looks like you guys had a great time though - I'm so glad!

Angela said...

Wow, I actually thought that was a great video :>), and NOT that I want you to leave Redding, but I think you need to move to Bend...looks awesome! :>) :>) :>) (I can live vicariously through you!)