Sunday, June 17, 2007

Fun in the Sun in Santa Cruz

Dscn2148
We spent a day enjoying the Boardwalk and beach in Santa Cruz, California.  Aaron's cousin, Lacey, hooked us all up with all day free ride passes so we enjoyed lots of the rides!  Funny thing was Ella wanted to go on all the rides, even the ones she wasn't tall enough for, while Jacob preferred the kiddie rides.  However, once we went on the beach, Jacob was all about trying to ride the waves, while Ella preferred to stay back away from the water.  They both like thrills, but in different ways! 


It was a beautiful day and very warm for Santa Cruz.  We had no problem swimming in the cold ocean, we were looking forward to cooling off.  Once your body goes numb, you don't even notice the water is freezing!  We learned a hard lesson though, the sun really got Aaron and I....bad sunburns over most of our bodies.  3 days later and I'm still hurting pretty bad.  We should definitely know better by now!


I took a lot of pictures, but used my sad little compact camera that has lighting issues.  Again, the look isn't typical, but I still kinda like the results!  Click here for the photos


Scan0002_2They had fun on here, I swear!


Scan0005
We missed going to the fair this year, so we had to get one of these on the Boardwalk!

2 comments:

Aaron Lee said...

I had such a great time. It was nice to do something fun with the family and escape the sad reality of why we were there. Thank you for a fun day. I love you!!

Stephanie said...

I am so glad you guys were able to have some fun considering the circumstances! Fun pictures of the Boardwalk!