Sunday, November 16, 2008

Sad News

I've attempted to write something for the last few days and haven't known how to properly word it.  I still don't.  On Friday morning my grandmother passed away.  It is unbelievably sad for me to think about.  I can take a small comfort in the fact that we did get to see her one last time this past summer. 

Kathryn Milcheck, 92, of North Huntingdon, died Friday, Nov. 14, 2008, at Mt. Vernon Care Center. She was born Nov. 4, 1915, in Yukon, a daughter of the late Michael and Kata Grgk Persin Topolnak. Kathryn was a member of St. Agnes Church, North Huntingdon. In addition to her parents, she was preceded in death by her husband, Stephen Milcheck; and sisters, Bertha Farich, Ann Crider, Dorothy Milovac, Rose Paxon, Veronica Mehn, Mary DeGiovanni and Mildred O'Busec. She is survived by two sons, Steven and his wife, Donna, of Mount Dora, Fla., and Ronald, of New Stanton; one brother, Anthony Topolnak, of West Mifflin; four grandchildren; and four great-grandchildren. Friends will be received from 2 to 4 and 6 to 8 p.m. Sunday at the JAMES W. SHIRLEY FUNERAL HOME, Clay Pike, North Huntingdon. A blessing service will be held at 1 p.m. Monday, followed by interment in Yukon Cemetery.  Courtesy of the Pittsbrugh Tribune Review.

PB163168 

Grandma Kay and I (1981)

IMG_7523_2 

Ella, Grandma Kay and I (July 2008)

PB163172
PB163170 

Grandma Kay at age 16 and age 18

6 comments:

Debbie said...

Lisa,
So sorry for your loss, but glad that you did get to see her.. What a treasure you have in the picture of the two of you.

Jeanne Milcheck said...

Very nice tribute.

Kim said...

Lisa! I'm so sorry to hear about this...it's always so hard to know exactly what to say. How wonderful it is though that you and the family were able to visit her over the summer.

Stephanie McClung said...

Lisa, I am so, so sorry. At the same time, I am so thrilled for you that you got to see her this past summer. And how incredible that she got to see the kids. That will give you some peace in your time of grief. My thoughts will continue to be with you during this difficult time.

Angela said...

Lisa, I'm so sorry! What a beautiful life she had, and what a wonderful gift to have a grandma see your own children! I lost all four of my grandparents before I was even out of high school, so I think that is just amazing and very special! Love the old photos...

Aaron Lee said...

I realy admired her and am so happy to have known her. She realy was a special person. Our last visit with her was so great and that is how I will remember her. I'm always here for you and love you so much.