Monday, February 02, 2009

Blast into the 1970s!

IMG_0597
Saturday night we hosted dinner club and went with the theme of the 1970's...it was crazy!  Everyone dressed up and looked so good.  Well I didn't, I looked like Mrs. Roper in a very unflattering outfit with too much blue eyeshadow, but it was all fun!  The dinner we served ended up being a little scary however...for appetizers we went with salami rolled around pickles and cream cheese, deviled eggs, and crackers with Easy Cheese.  Dinner was crockpot chili (made in an authentic 70's olive green crockpot), cornbread, green salad with ranch, tater tots and orange jello salad (we forgot the frozen peas and carrots).  Dessert was chocolate fondue.  We played a game with 70's trivia, ouija board, had disco and rock blaring...I just realized we forgot to bust out the Twister!  Probably a good thing though...my skirt and Alicia's dress would have been challenging!  That and Aaron mighta busted a hole in his pants...LOL!    Click for more pictures

4 comments:

planetharris said...

Wow, you guys are just a bit too authentic...I love it!!!

slm1974 said...

Okay, I have MANY things to say! First of all, I should have taken a picture of myself and looked at it before I wore that dress - I look HUGE!!!!!!!!!!!! Next, LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the picture of John - you know which one! And the picture of Kim "eating my face" is so weird and cool at the same time!! And you and me in the papasan - pretty dang funny! Great night - thanks for everything you guys!

jeff said...

Aaron looks like John Holmes

Aaron Lee said...

What a totaly fun night. I especially loved the orange jello salad. Everyone realy got in the spirit of the 70's and made it a fun night. And Matt's hair cracked me up!!