Wednesday, August 19, 2009

New approach to after school snacks

I'm always on the lookout for healthier after school snacks. We have 2 plastic bins full of lunch time snacks that I choose from to make the kids lunches but they're not always the healthiest choices (cookies, chips, every type of fruit snack known to man).  I wanted something different for their after school snack...they both come home starving and grabbing at everything in sight.  I saw this idea on another blog recently and after a quick trip to Trader Joe's and raiding my fridge, I came up with this cupcake tin full of more acceptable choices. 
IMG_5072
Whether the kids like it or not (today will be the first day they're introduced to it), I know I'll be digging in!  I plan to keep this on a shelf in the fridge for easy grab and go.

It turns out there is an entire Flickr group devoted to "Muffin Tin Meals"....you can really get creative with choices and options, some even do theme tins.  I'm looking forward to constantly adding new healthy snacks to our tin. 

1 comment:

Grandma said...

good idea