Saturday, April 03, 2010

My Name is Lisa and I am an Appleaholic

The iPad came out today.  I've been so excited about it, it's not something I need.  It's something I want.  It's something I covet. 

I watched an illegal feed when they announced it in January.  I resisted and did not pre-order when it became available to do so in March.  We do not have an Apple Store locally.  I planned to JUST LOOK when we are on vacation in Las Vegas and Phoenix this upcoming week for Spring Break. 

The thought occurred to me today that Best Buy may have them locally. I thought it was a long shot. To absolve myself, I had Ella call and ask.  (Yes, I'm that sick I enlist a 6 year old to do my dirty work).  She chats with the person who answered the phone for a few minutes.  She hangs up and says they have them.  My heart stops for a minute. OK, maybe we should just go and look at it.  After patiently waiting for the teen fanboys to stop hogging the display models, I get my moment.  A woman comes over and asks if I have any questions.  "I have no questions, I want one."  2 minutes later I'm walking out the door with iPad in hand. 

Photo-2

Now if that wasn't enough to signify a problem.  A problem with Apple products and restraint.  This is part 2 which demonstrates my obsession (though please note I share this obsession).  So I'm packing for our vacation.  We leave tomorrow for 7 days.  This is what we are bringing:


  • MacBook Pro

  • My new iPad

  • My iPhone

  • Aaron's iPhone

  • Jacob's iTouch

  • 30GB iPod filled with music for the car

  • iPod Nano for running

  • ...plus a couple of Nintendo DS's

  • and a Garmin


OMGosh!

No comments: