Friday, January 01, 2010

Blog Decision

OK.  After a LOT of thought, I have come to a decision about this blog. I'm going to keep it, but I'm going to change it.  This blog initially started as a way to post my family happenings to family and friends near and far.  I also used it as an outlet to get out and share some of my wacky obsessions--Rob Thomas being a big one.

I love that I have a place to share 'Pieces of Me' and I don't want to give that up.  I've kept this blog going since October 2005 and I have printed out every single entry and photo. That's also about the time I gave up traditional scrapbooking so in a big way this blog has been my life scrapbook.  Well I shouldn't say that...this blog is only a small portion of my life and my family life, but a lot of the big events have been chronicled.  That is at least something!  Whether many people have read it or not doesn't really matter.  I've read it and I have it documented for me.  That being said, I do love each and every comment I have received.  Blog reading is a favorite past time of mine, yet I'm still amazed people want to read what I write.

So what does the future bring for this blog?  In some ways I plan to simplify it, but in some ways I'm really going to make it challenging to myself to maintain it. Stay tuned....

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

I am intrigued . . .

planetharris said...

Boy, I am too. Don't really want to delete mine, either. I have continued to scrapbook (it's my only creative outlet :>), although I see that evolving, too. What to do, what to do...:>)