Tuesday, January 05, 2010

Day 3 - Still running!

Screen shot 2010-01-05 at 10.12.42 AM

I still hate it but I'm happy to see improvement already!  I'm a gadget girl so being able to track my runs and really see how I'm doing is a HUGE motivator.  This time I ran around my neighborhood and I'm happy to know that if I go around all the cul-de-sacs it is exactly 1.54 miles. 

Also another huge motivator--a friend and I just made a healthy living contract/pact so that when we both make our goals we will have a day at the spa.  A full day-the whole she-bang!  It's a ways down the road, but I can't wait for that.  

My ultimate goal is to HAPPILY run a 10 minute mile.  I'm not big on making weight goals because it can be so misleading.  I'd rather be healthy and feel good at a higher weight then loose 30 pounds and feel like garbage.  With that being said I will track my weekly weight-loss and just see what happens.  Currently I weigh 167.5 pounds and I am 5'10".  According to various websites my ideal weight would be between 132 and 175.  I'm going to go for 148 and see how I feel. 

My ultimate, end all goal is to just feel good.  Physically AND mentally. 

2 comments:

Jeanne said...

Your doing great, congratulations.

Kim said...

Lisa...you crack me up! I too am NOT A RUNNER!!! You will have to keep me posted on if it truly ends up being something you can "happily" do!!! And, I could not agree more about actual weight. For years I have always been stuck on a number and I have for awhile now really been trying to just focus on being in shape and eating better, rather than worrying so much about the scale. You definately have the personality for this challenge!!!