Thursday, January 21, 2010

Favorite Things: David Rio Chai - Triple Play

Tiny running recap--still doing it but missed the last couple of days because of the crazy rain storms we are experiencing all throughout California.  I vow to run outside today rain or no rain however. 


Photo


Screen shot 2010-01-21 at 12.24.01 PM Because of the stormy weather, I have doubled my intake of my absolute favorite cold weather drink chai tea.  And not just any chai tea, I LOVE David Rio Sugar Free Chai Orca Spice.  My Mom and I discovered this powdered version of chai about 5 years ago on a trip to Cambria.  I now purchase 3 pound bags of it regularly on-line and get agitated when I'm out of it.


In addition, it needs to be prepared just so.  My favorite way to make it is with 80% water, 20% non-fat milk, splash of vanilla creamer AND made in my  machine.  If you haven't heard of a Cocomotion it is simply the best way ever to make a hot powdered mix drink.  The machine mixes and heats the drink simultaneously and when it's done it has a bonus yummy frothy top.  Love it. 


And to make this a 'triple play' favorite thing...I prefer to drink my chai out of my "I Wanna Be Sookie" mug!   Aaron gave this to me for Christmas, he purchased it on Etsy from MaidofClay and it's the absolute best mug, such great quality and so unique...I can't help but hear Vampire Bill say "Oh...Sookie" every time I drink out of it.  Cracks me up!


[youtube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EkFtV4oYe-s&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0&color1=0x2b405b&color2=0x6b8ab6&border=1]

No comments: