Sunday, January 03, 2010

The Challenge

In my previous post I mentioned making this blog a challenge to me.  I have decided to take a cue from a recent movie and some other blogs and do my own version.  A personal journey I will share most at least some of it here.  I vow to make myself a runner.  There I said it. 

For those that know me, I'm not a runner.  I hate it.  I can't do it.  The few times I've tried it, I constantly have, "I hate this.When can I stop?This sucks.Is it over yet?" on constant rotation in my head. Not to mention it is so freaking boring. 

So why am I doing this?  Most sane people don't have the need.  (Though first disclosure--no saying I'm sane.)  I have a multitude of reasons:


  1. I want to loose weight and feel fit.

  2. I've always admired those we do run.  (However, second disclosure-I have been known to call people I've seen in the rain or on a cold day running, some not very nice names.)  

  3. So I can eat what I want.  (Well within reason I suppose.)

  4. I won a new Ipod Nano with a Nike Sport Kit right before Christmas (from Mommycast Podcast) and I feel I need to justify it's existence in my home.  (Not to mention the $1000+ treadmill I've had for years that barely gets any action.)

  5. I need a goal and a subject to write about. 


So how do I start this journey?  I don't really know.  I will start with a small goal.  Run a mile without stopping to rest.  

Wish me luck.

Running pic 

Third disclosure - This is not me.  
 

4 comments:

Debbie said...

Best of luck, Lisa. As one who took up running mostly to train with a child for a half marathon (that he never ran, but I did) I admire your determination. Running with my neighbor for many years is a fond memory of clearing the cobwebs, enjoying the outdoors. And yes, there were many days that I did not like it. You can do it!

Aaron said...

No one likes to run. But it is very good for you. I will run with you when I am home and help you anyway I can. I know you will succeed in your journey. Good luck!! I love you.

lisaski said...

Thank you Debbie! I'm a little worried that now you're going in for surgery however, knee was it? Any relation to your running? So far it's going good.

Amber Jordan said...

Ha! Yes I will be following this one closely. My husband's 5K is in the morning and we went to pick up his race packet this afternoon. All those people in their fancy running kicks made me mad. I'm jealous..I know this but hopefully I can get my butt in gear and get with it. Glad I am not alone!!