Sunday, March 05, 2006

American Idol, who knew?

So I have never seen any of the previous American Idols before, just never thought I'd be interested.  I love music and different artists, but the thought of watching a bunch of wanna be's just never intrigued me.  This year I couldn't ignore the hype, it didn't seem to be going away so I decided to check it out after what, 5 seasons now?  Now I can honestly say I'm hooked!  It is so entertaining to me.  Aaron has gotten into it as well.  Even the kids seem to be into it at times.  Had I known what a big committment it was, maybe I would have refrained...3 nights a week!  But it is good entertainment and something to look forward to at the end of a long weekday.  I'm not sure how it's been in previous seasons but the guys are so much better than the girls.  I have my top picks (which coincidentally is pretty much Aaron's favorites too).  Our very favorite is Chris Daughtery...
Picture_2 He has been excellent every time and really gets into his performance. 


But we also like Bucky  Picture_3


And Taylor Hicks  Picture_4


We both like Elliot as well...he's got a great voice but just doesn't seem to have the right look or performing ability...
Picture_5


Aaron also likes Ace Young.  Of the girls, I like Mandisa and Paris and Aaron likes Kelli Pickler.  I just never knew this show could be so entertaining!  They just might even get me to start voting.  Go Chris!! 

2 comments:

Aaron said...

I'm thinking of trying out for the show next season. (will you vote for me?)

Lisa said...

Sure, I'd vote for you!