Saturday, December 08, 2007

Creative Weekend

I've spent the weekend creating a variety of gifts and holiday themed items...for me that is a very fun and relaxing time.  I did manage to shower, but immediately put my pj's immediately back on.  So it's been a good weekend so far!  So often I get ideas and inspiration from other people's blogs so I thought I'd post some of my creations on here to maybe inspire someone else to create.  Rather then post everything all at once, I set a variety of entries to post at various times over the next few days.


One item Jacob and I made tonight while Grandma and Ella were at a Christmas play, was Oreo balls.  IImg_3143
know I shared the recipe last year but it is such a hit, it can be repeated!


OREO BALLS


1 package Oreo cookies, crushed


8 ounces cream cheese, softened


1 package white almond bark


1 package chocolate almond bark


Using a hand held mixer, mix Oreos and cream cheese together.  Roll
into walnut size balls.  Chill for an hour.  Melt approximately 3/4
package of chocolate almond bark.  Dip balls into the melted bark.
Allow to harden on wax paper.  Melt about 1/4 package of white almond
bark.  Decorate with drizzles of the white almond bark. 


ENJOY!


Emailheader Speaking of chocolate, I have something else I want to share.  Aaron's cousin, Jenny and her partner Zahra, have started an artisan chocolate company.  If you're looking for a gift you want to ship directly to someone, think about sending them some homemade chocolate.  Jenny makes some very unique flavored truffles that I haven't seen anywhere else.  I'm looking forward to trying the drinking chocolate....mmmmm!  Click here for Hedonist-Artisan Chocolates

No comments: