Tuesday, July 08, 2008

OK, we did come back

Ahhh, what a trip!  We didn't want it to end, but alas, real life was calling us back...namely the bank account part....LOL...

So where to even begin?  I have 2 full cameras, a video camera, and lots of professional photos to go through.  Guess the best way to organize my thoughts and keep me from spending hours in front of my computer is to do this in parts throughout the week. 

I'll start from the beginning.  We headed out on Sunday morning and planned to drive half-way to LA.  We IMG_7185
stopped in Santa Nella.  This is always a good stopping for us because Aaron's dad is buried at the San Joaquin Valley National Cemetery which is located there.  The grounds are beautiful and always very peaceful.


IMG_7187
IMG_7189
IMG_7190
We also found Uncle Gordon's place too...IMG_7191 


We spent the rest of the afternoon swimming in the hotel pool and after dinner went to see the movieWall-e-poster1-big
Wall-E in the theater.  Great, great movie!  The creators of Finding Nemo have done it again.   We can't wait until the movie comes out on DVD...we all were trying to perfect the voice of Wall-E.  I think Ella is the winner of that contest. 

The next morning we headed the rest of the way to Los Angeles which was only about 4 more hours.  Pinkberry-plain
We cruised around the IMG_0494
Hollywood area for a bit and finally got to try a Pinkberry...
Now I'm craving another one, but since they're only served in LA and NYC, I'm outta luck.  I so want one with raspberries, Coco Krispies, and chocolate chips...mmmmmm......

 

IMG_7198We made it to our hotel in Anaheim and were so happy to find that the website was correct and they are directly across the street from the entrance to Disneyland.  We've had bad shuttle experiences in the past and wanted to walk to and from the park as we pleased.  We walked to the Anaheim Garden Walk for dinner (PF Changs) and watched the fireworks from our room. 

Stay tuned for part 2 of our trip tomorrow!

(For those bored by maybe too much detail...sorry...this often serves as my journal/scapbook too!)

2 comments:

Stephanie McClung said...

I'm NEVER bored by the details . . . looking forward to more!

Kim said...

I'm with Steph, I love all the details and pictures!