Sunday, May 10, 2009

Jacob turns 7....woooo!!!

Saturday Jacob turned 7 years old and it was a crazy, fun day!  He woke up at 6am completely IMG_2688 excited...6am on a Saturday is not cool, I don't care what is happening!  I managed to stay in bed for a little while longer though and heard him finding his annual "Birthday Bucket" and the dozen donuts left for him on the kitchen counter.  We did something a little different this year and got him 7 presents that we gave him throughout the day...the trick was in order to get them he had to do a variety of scavenger hunts and answer different questions, puzzles and even some math problems to find where they were hidden!  He really enjoyed that and says he wants that to happen every year.  Yeah, me too...I want 30-something presents on my birthday too....I'll gladly solve clues to get them!  

IMG_2774 In the afternoon we had a birthday party for him at our house.  It started with a Wii Mario Kart tournament, game of laser tag, followed by swimming in the pool.  Everything was a great success and everyone was sorry to go. 
IMG_2781
That evening we went to Hometown Buffet for dinner, Jacob's choice.  His meal consisted of jello, pizza, and bread...followed by 3 or maybe more trips to the desserts for ice cream.  The day ended with a game of Battleship and a movie.  I think Jacob had a great and memorable 7th birthday!
Click here for more pictures from the day!

1 comment:

slm1974 said...

FANTASTIC pictures!!! You got some great ones of the kids jumping in the pool - I love the two of Brayden! Love the scavenger hunt - too cute! I remember my mom doing that for me on my 10th birthday . . . I found little gifts all over the house! Beautiful picture of you and Ella!!!! I'm so glad Jacob had such a great day!