Thursday, May 14, 2009

The Lego Mystery

So the other day Jacob came home from school and was in his room scratching hisIMG_3092 head thinking and saying he thinks he may be crazy.  I asked him why and he said because he thinks that maybe he woke up in the middle of the night and put together one of the Lego toys he received for  his birthday and he's bewildered that he can't remember any of it.  There sitting on his desk is a fully completed Lego car that I know I never saw him build.  I found out later, that that morning he even accused Aaron of putting it together without him.  I then was totally confused.  Jacob does have a history of sleepwalking, but sleep Lego building? 

It wasn't until later while the kids were eating their after school snack, that the mystery was solved.  Ella leans over to Jacob and says, "I put together your Lego car last night."  What?  Apparently Ella woke up in the middle of the night (sometime between midnight and 6:30am), couldn't sleep and decided to open up and put together one of Jacob's Lego 165-piece Lego toys!  There were 38 steps in the instruction manual and she followed them perfectly on her own, in the middle of the night unbeknown to all of us.  That girl never ceases to amaze us. 

1 comment:

Angela said...

That is an unbelievable story on so many levels, I don't even know where to begin! lol!