Friday, August 11, 2006

We're back home again!

Our last trip of the summer is now over!  We got back from Santa Cruz last night and we had a wonderful time.  The weather was beautiful, we had wonderful visits with family and experienced all the fun Santa Cruz has to offer.  I've gone through the 500 or so photos we took and uploaded some of them here....


San Joaquin National Cemetary  Our first night we stayed in Santa Nella and visited Grandpa's burial site in Gustine.  The grounds, while very dry and a bit barren were still beautiful and peaceful.


Santa Cruz Pictures We hung out at the beach, played on the boardwalk, had BBQ's and campfires at our campsite, visited with family members....Jaime, Elissa, Mason, and Morea came up from Southern California; Cindy from Sacramento; Diane, Hayley, and Marissa from Magalia; and Uncle Brad, Aunt Peggy and Great Lee at home in Santa Cruz.


Monterey Pictures  After visiting Grandma and saying good-bye to the SoCal Lee's (guess we're the NoCal Lee's!) we took a drive down to Monterey.  We checked out the Monterey Bay Aquarium and took a mini-tour of some of our old memories.  We lived there for 2 years over 6 years ago and while so many things change, so many things stay the same.  It was odd. 


Off to finish the many loads of laundry.  That campfire smell is in EVERYTHING...even my camera believe it or not!

3 comments:

Angela said...

Well, these are just fantastic--I love the ones at the cemetary (but I am partial to that desert look--just love it), the aquarium and trip down memory lane were just first rate! I was laughing because every time we bring up our life before kids, our kids start yawning and rolling their eyes in complete boredom--like, "what does THIS have to do with ME?"

Aaron Lee said...

Lets take another trip. I live for these vacations with you and the children. I had a great time.

Stephanie McClung said...

I have to agree with Angela actually . . . My favorite ones are at the cemetery. You captured some beautiful images. My absolute favorites were of Aaron & Jacob at the gravesite. Looks like you guys had a great time . . . And I, too, loved seeing your old stomping grounds. It's making me want to go to Monterey!