Tuesday, September 18, 2007

A new Sheriff in town

Img_1656_2     Just thought everyone would like to know that I will be guest blogging for the rest of the week while Lisa is in Chicago with her mom on vacation. I will also be filling in as guest "mom" for the week.


     So let me tell you how my first day went. The alarm goes off at 5:30 so that Lisa can get ready to meet her mom at 6:30. After a few long good-byes they're on the road. We will miss Lisa while she is away. The kids get ready for school, we have a quick breakfast and we're off to take Jacob to school. Drop off Jacob at 7:45 the Ella and I go for a nice walk at the McConnel Walking Trails. I take Ella to preschool at 8:50 the head back to Jacob's school to help out in the class room for about an hour or so. Stop off at the grocery store for supplies and head home. I have lunch then begin cleaning the house. Before I know it, it's almost 2:00 and time to pick up Ella from school. We meet Jacob at the bus stop then head home. The kids have a quick snack, Jacob does a little homework and they have some fun time with the bikes out front. Before long it is time to get Ella ready for dance class. (Which is in Anderson!!) We go to dance and make it home with just enough time to have dinner (I hadn't planned on dinner, so it's little frozen pizzas for everyone!!) The kids have a little video game time while I clean up and enjoy a nice conversation with Lisa. (She's having a great time by the way) The kids get ready for bed, I read a couple of short stories and I finally get a little free time to write this blog.


     I don't know if I'll be able survive the week. Being "mom" would kill the average person. I just hope I'm tough enough. Pray for me.

4 comments:

Kim said...

Welcome to "mommy land" Aaron! It's a tough job, but somebody has got to do it! LOL! You'll survive, but I'll bet you will sure be glad to have Lisa back! Good luck on the next few days!!!

Stephanie McClung said...

Love the first blog, Aaron! So nice to see our job is appreciated! :) I love that you took the time to list everything you did. It sounds so familiar! :) I agree with Kim . . . you will definitely survive (maybe a little tired) but the appreciation you will have for your wife will be immense! Not to mention, you will have a great time with your kids! Jacob and Ella are pretty lucky to have you as their Daddy!

Angela said...

Aaron, you're definitely tough enough--AND you're an awesome Dad! Good luck! ;>)

Stephanie McClung said...

I don't get it . . . what happened??? I thought we were going to get a blog each night???????????????? ;)