Monday, November 22, 2010

Welcome to the Thanksgiving Day Recipe Blog Hop!

Trbh
I am so excited to be participating in my first ever Blog Hop!  Thank you so much to Kiera of ChambersMade for inviting me!  This is going to be fun!   If this is your first stop on the blog hop and you'd like to start from the beginning, head over to Robin's blog at Creative2xMom.


OK the truth of the matter is--I don't cook much...eek...what was I thinking participating in a recipe blog hop of all things?  As soon as I said yes I wanted to do it, I then called my Mom and said "HELP!"  After I calmed Photo down and thought about it though, I do collect a lot of recipes and have had my moments of glory in the kitchen.  (See the photo of my personal cookbook? That's pretty official right?)  Now the trick was narrowing it down to Thanksgiving worthy recipes.  2 side dishes came to mind! 


The first is a non-traditional Thanksgiving side, but one that is super yummy and will add even more calories to your day...but it's OK because Turkey day calories don't count, right?!  I got this recipe from my Aunt Donna...she made it for us once while we visited her in Tennessee.  The whole meal was excellent, but I had to have this recipe.


Screen shot 2010-11-22 at 8.24.16 AM Vidalia Onions


6 Vidalia Onions


1 cup Parmesan cheese


20 crushed Ritz crackers


1 stick margarine


Slice onions as thin as possible and saute in margarine until limp.  Spray a casserole with Pam.  Make 2 layers of onion, cheese, crackers.


Bake at 325 for 30 minutes uncovered. 


 The second recipe is a Rachael Ray recipe called "Micro-way-cool Bacon and Green Beans" - I have a whole section dedicated to Rachael Ray recipes when she was 'teaching' me how to cook 5 years or so ago.  This recipe is time tested and will be super simple if you want to add just one more thing to that Thanksgiving feast!


Micro-way-cool Bacon and Green Beans  Screen shot 2010-11-22 at 8.22.22 AM


6 slices bacon


1 (16 oz) bag frozen green beans 


A drizzle of extra virgin olive oil


Salt and Pepper


Place bacon between paper towels and microwave 60 seconds on high.  Cool bacon and chop or crumble it up.


Place greeen beans in a bowl and drizzle with EVOO, sald & pepper.  Cover the bowl loosely with plastic wrap (I use a Pampered Chef microwave bowl-that works perfectly!) and microwave green beans on high for 5 minutes, stir and cook 5 minutes more.  Remove wrap and top green beans with crumbled bacon.


Super simple, but yummy!


Your next stop will be to Jamie at Creating Home.  Have fun and thank you so much for stopping by!! 

3 comments:

Jody Smith said...

Need to try those green beans! Have a great Thanksgiving!
Jody

Kiera Chambers said...

and I need to try those onions...wonder how it'd taste with little pearl onions...
..thanks for participating in the hop...it's fun to see all the different recipes!
~Kiera
http//chambersmade.blogspot.com

Creative2xmom said...

I wanna try those onions. They look yummy!