Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Science Projects

So yesterday I got a fun delivery.  I got the box of science goodies I ordered from Steve Spangler Science.  Really fun stuff and the kids and I are having a blast playing with everything.  The rocket balloons are incredible fun, highly recommend!  There was one issue with an item though...I ordered the fog blaster and after filling it with the fog fluid, putting in new batteries, and turning it on it began to have a funny smell.  It started making the fog rings (which were really cool by the way!) and then about a minuter later I hear a 'pop' and the filament inside catches fire!  OK, that's probably not supposed to happen, right?  This morning I call the company and the woman who answered was incredibly nice and apologetic.  She wanted to know did I want a new one, a refund, or what.  The kids were loving it for the minute it was working so I asked for a new one to be sent out.  She said she'd have Steve look at the one that caught fire and keep in touch with me on the safety of these things.  Overall I'm really impressed with this company and am kinda sorry I didn't chose to become a science teacher!  So many fun things out there to teach kids about science. 


I hope we don't have the same problem with the new one, but this is obviously a parental supervision only product! 

No comments: