Monday, June 19, 2006

Fun, fun, fun!

Img_0074 Our 3rd Annual Emerald Forest Invasion has now ended!  We had a bit of a rough start but it ended great.  We have a yearly tradition of camping with our friends on the coast at a really nice campground.  This year we had 65 people!  Img_0051


The reason the trip started out rough initially was because Aaron was due to get off work at 8am but ended up getting a call for a fire about 7am and then got home late so that pushed our departure back a couple hours.  Then when we got about 25 miles away, Aaron noticed smoke coming out the back of the truck.  To make a long story short, we had to head back and find a mechanic to diaganose and repair our problem.  Thankfully by some miracle we were able to accomplish those tasks with only a few hangups and we were back on the road by late afternoon.  I have forgotten once again what it was that broke but it has to do with the oil pump and the turbo thing-a-ma-jig.  A minute longer on the road and I think we would have killed the truck due to depleting all the oil in the truck (which the trailer is now coated with).   


So anyhow we eventually made it and had an incredible time!  We are now on part 2 of our vacation and headed North up the Oregon Coast.  I am currently typing alongside the beach in an RV park in Gold Beach, OR.  We are going to continue traveling for the rest of the week until Aaron has to be back at work.  I think tomorrow we're going to head to Coos Bay and see what interests us.  Unfortunately I can't share many pictures because my connection is quite slow and I'm on Aaron's laptop but I will try to update our happenings of this trip when I can.  I'm noticing that most RV parks have Wi-Fi service now...now that's my kind of camping! 

1 comment:

Jeanne Milcheck said...

Wonderful family picture