Wednesday, February 16, 2011

The mix tape just never goes outta style!

This year for Valentine's Day, Aaron and I exchanged mix 'tapes' full of love songs.  This is SOOO much IMG_5449_2 easier in this day and age to do...download the songs, pop into a playlist and burn a CD--done!  Or even simpler just copy onto an iPod. 


Back in the day (late 80's for me), I'd sit and listen to Power 98.9 on Saturday nights for hours and hours and try to be quick with the record button to tape my favorite songs onto cassettes.  Or I'd tape hours at a time and then go back using the 2 cassette feature on my dad's boom box and 'remaster' an IMG_5446 all-hits tape. Priceless to me is that I still have many of the mix tapes I made back then!  In fact I have 4 boxes full of my old tapes...now I just need to hunt down a tape player to actually listen to them...hmmm...  


IMG_5450 Anyhow, it's been awhile since Aaron and I made CDs for each other so we decided to resurrect the idea for V-day this year.  Aaron went all sweet and included songs that are meaningful to us over the years.  He even recorded a couple that he played and sang and included them on the CD.  Did I go sweet?  Yeah not so much...started out nice but then took a turn to crazy obsessive love street!  Ahh...talk about going old school....  ;-)


(My 'Crazy Love' mix to Aaron is below.)


Screen shot 2011-02-16 at 7.26.46 PM


 

1 comment:

Kathy said...

Love this idea!!!