Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Room Redo - Part 1 - The Library

I was getting bored with things around the house and we decided to do a big switch-a-roo.  A few years ago we added an addition onto our home which gave us space to have my office and a family room.  At that time, what was the family room became our 'fancier/quieter' living room.  (i.e. The no TV room).  Given that that room is also open and a major thorough-fare for the house, it never was very quiet and was kind of a waste of space.  I had the idea to move the TV/video games/noise/mess into that room and make the addition space a 'library.'  I must say I am brilliant!  Without further ado, here are some before and after pics....


Before
AFTER:  THE LIBRARY


IMG_5477
Oh, did I also mention it's the exercise room?  ;-)


IMG_5479


Our pub table is now the perfect game table...Aaron plays the piano and records music almost daily here too. 


IMG_5480


My favorite spot in the house is now curled up on the leather loveseat with a book.  The blue couch is really just a large dog bed and space filler.  We now have a wall of books-3 bookshelfs side-by-side --- love the wall of books --- I am still arranging and filling with books that seem to be all over our home.  I have an idea of what to do with the big open space above the loveseat too.


IMG_5481


We have enjoyed this room immensely in the short time we've redone it.  So much better functionality and the best part?  It's quiet.  A quiet place to hide.  Ahhhh....


  
 





1 comment:

Kiera said...

love it...I want a library/exercise room!