Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Getting Crafty with skulls

Photo-3
Screen shot 2010-10-18 at 9.11.12 PM As I said in my last post I love Halloween and I LOVE HALLOWEEN CRAFTS!  Each year I like to come up with a few new ones to do with the kids (or without).  Here's a simple one we just finished with the coolest paper mache skulls I found at Michaels.  I dug out a bunch of random magazines along with some Halloween catalogs (Grandin Road is my favorite!) and we went to town cutting out images we were drawn too. 


For mine I stuck to Halloween themed photos and words (threw in a IMG_3849 couple of flowers and sweet butterflies for contrast!) but love what the kids did...Ella put pop tarts around hers and Jacob filled in the mouth with a huge hot dog.  So funny! 


We then used Mod Podge and a paint brush to randomly stick the images to the skulls.  I covered mine completely and then sealed the whole thing up with an acrylic spray.  The kids wanted to add glitter to theirs...Ella got creative in her placement of glitter, Jacob used glitter to cover up the blank spots where he didn't add images. 


IMG_3851 IMG_3853
Up next:  Views of our Halloween decor....

1 comment:

Aaron said...

Totally awesome!!!