Monday, October 18, 2010

I love October!

I have decided that October is my favorite month and Halloween is my favorite holiday.  Fampump I'm going to attempt make a post every day between now and Halloween to share all my favorite things fall and related to the Halloween season. 


Sunday we had our annual "Lee Family Harvest Fest" and had a great time!  Ella even said multiple times, "This is my best day ever!!"  The basics of the day include each year a trip to a local pumpkin patch, pumpkin carving and harvesty food.  We had that all covered well!


This year we invited Grandma Jeanne and Uncle Jeff to join us, though Jeff ended up having to work at the last minute.



The Grampumpfamily pumpkin patch trip for this year was the Nash pumpkin patch.  It was a beautiful, cooler, overcast day...perfect for a day at the pumpkin patch.  We all found our perfect pumpkin -- Jacob was quite intense on finding just the right one and even came prepared with gloves.  After wandering around the patch, snacking on kettle corn and fresh lemonade, and visiting the petting zoo we headed back home.  Grandma and I got crafty with some pumpkins using glitter and rhinestones while the kids and Aaron carved them more traditionally.  We then had a TASTY DELICIOUS dinner that consisted of pumpkin bisque, salad, green beans with bacon, and butternut squash with pesto.....MMMMM...... We finished the day off with pumpkin pie and whipped cream while watching haunted house shows on the Travel channel....so fun!


   DipticPhoto-1
Photo


4 comments:

Viki Twyman said...

What an awesome family day, makes me miss the days when my kids were young. The pumpkins all turned out amazing, but I have to say, I absolutely LOVE the black one!

Zizi Ukestad said...

October is my FAVE time of the year too!!!!
LOVE your PIX!!!!

planetharris said...

I also love October and Halloween is indeed my fave holiday, too, Lisa! People sometimes look at me funny when I say that. I'm glad I'm in good company!!! :>)

Aaron said...

It was one of my best days ever too!