Wednesday, October 20, 2010

What I Wore Wednesday-My First!

So as I've mentioned before I'm a big blog reader, I read countless blogs...all kinds...crafty, fashion, inspirational, photography, mommy blogs, etc.  I'm bizarely obsessed with a regular feature some of them do called What I Wore Wednesday (WIWW)...I believe Lindsey at The Pleated Poppy started it up.  The idea being to actually get somewhat dressed each day--something other than sweats/pj's/workout clothes--to start the day off right.  Even though I work from home, I do know that for me, I do get more accomplished in a day if I actually wear something I wouldn't mind wearing in public, not to mention it's not as easy to just crawl back into bed!  I'm also doing this to hopefully mix up my wardrobe and wear more in my closet than the same 2 outfits.


So with that being said here is my own first attempt at WIWW!  (I didn't start taking pics until Sunday).


IMG_3664


Sunday - Trip to the Pumpkin Patch


Sweater - Target, Dress - Sundance Catalog, Jeans - Lucky Brand, Boots - Kohls  


I think I may need to start a "What Ella Wore Wednesday" post too...LOL...she's the creative one in the clothing department!


IMG_3780


So clearly I need assistance in the self-portrait department!  Old Navy flower top and ruffle tank.  Lucky Brand Jeans - I find a fave pair of jeans and I wear them until they die!


Photo
Dress - Target. black capri lenght leggings-who knows?, gray felt mary jane shoes - Target

16 comments:

Paige said...

Cute & Welcome! I posted for the first time last week.

Kathy Duncan said...

Love it...kind of like getting fashion shopping tips. I like it. Great job Lisa, I love your style!

Holly said...

I love your yellow cardi--perfect for fall--or anytime really. I'm the same way about jeans, I wear the same pairs all.the.time.
Lovely outfits!

Michele said...

You are super cute! I really like the outfit to the pumpkin patch. Welcome to WIWW and hope to see you again :)

Amy said...

Fun! Just stopping by from WIWW! You put first attempt and so I wanted to see. Good job. Your pumkin patch outfit is great and that photo is fab too!
Nice job,
Amy @ Missional Mama

Jody Smith said...

Too funny Lisa! I really like your white dress-I love Sundance! Hmmm I see a pattern with the Target thing though! LOL Will next week include anything from Macy's by any chance? Oh to live where we have more than a few stores to choose from!
Jody

lindsey - the pleated poppy said...

yay! thanks for joining in!

lisaski said...

Oh I'm sure eventually! Yes we are pretty limited up here...that's why I resort to catalogs...LOL!

lisaski said...

Thanks for the great feature that allows us all to join in! :-)

lisaski said...

Thanks! I'm going to attempt it again next week....working on taking better pics of my outfits though!

lisaski said...

Thanks Holly!

lisaski said...

Thanks Amy!

lisaski said...

thank you Kathy, I appreciate it! It's been fun to do...gotta get better at the self portrait pics though! A better mirror (location) would help...

lisaski said...

Thanks! It's fun!

Paige said...

Thank you for the sweet comment on my blog! I think we are participating for the same reasons. It is ok to step out of your comfort zone.

Katie said...

I work from home a lot too, and it IS helpful to get up, dressed and going in the morning. Just one of the reasons I started linking up awhile ago! Love all of your outfits ~ looking forward to next week! :)