Saturday, December 18, 2010

Day 17 and 18 and a bonus 19 of My Favorite Things

Playing catch up here!  It's been crazy these last days leading up to Christmas.  Kids are now out of school, finishing up on my last minute orders and getting ready to go to Renegade in San Francisco for a couple of days. 


My Day 17 Favorite Thing is Divine Twine!  Screen shot 2010-12-18 at 6.59.19 PM


I use this stuff for everything--gift wrap, tags, mini banners, crafting, jewelry packaging.  All the colors just make me happy!


 


My Day 18 Favorite Thing is Washi Tape!


Screen shot 2010-12-18 at 7.04.34 PM You might be asking, what the heck is washi tape?  Well I'll tell ya!  It's Japanese masking tape and comes in yummy colors and patterns.  I love, love, love it!  I've got quite the collection going.  Like the Divine Twine, I use this stuff for everything.  It's perfect for various jewelry packaging needs becasuse it peels off easily and doesn't leave sticky residue. 


My Day 19 Favorite Things is all the kawaii Japanese imports! 


In Japan, kawaii basically means "cute" or "adorable".  Hello Kitty would fall into this category.  I do like Screen shot 2010-12-18 at 7.25.03 PM Hello Kitty but I LOVE all the other Japanese cuteness stuff out there!  I have a mini collection of notepads, pencils, stickers, mini bags, etc of Japanese imported items that I just love to look at.  It's a bit of a reversion to my 8 year old self, but so what!?  I've bought some things online but I recently found out a friend locally has begun selling all things Japanese and it makes me so happy!  Screen shot 2010-12-18 at 7.25.20 PM


My daughter started a little business over the summer called Kawaii Belle and many of the cute stuff she created definitely fits this bill...so cute!


  IMG_4986



 


 

No comments: